Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Joy of Interviews

Over the past few weeks, I have had the joy of being a part of some interviews for different positions here at Prairie Bible College. Our motto here at Prairie is "Building a Passionate Body of Christ" - and as I am privileged to be a part of these interviews it truly gives one a sense of amazement at the uniqueness that each member of the Body of Christ contributes to the whole. I have watched colleagues ask interview questions and learned things about myself - both positive traits and areas of weakness that probably others see in me but I have a "blind spot." I have also seen brothers and sisters seeking the Lord about the possibility of joining us at Prairie and its amazing how God opens doors, closes doors, leads people to work together for His Kingdom. My suspicion is that some people might think sitting in on interviews would be a rather tedious part of a faculty member's job. In fact, it is a blessing! And another way the Lord gives to appreciate the diversity of the Body of Christ.

No comments: