Thursday, December 28, 2006

She Said "Yes"

Though I'm sure the news is rapidly spreading already both in Three Hills and around the world, I simply must post this exciting personal news on my blog, even a few days late.
On Saturday, December 23, the most beautiful woman in the world, Sarah Lynne Hunt, said "Yes" when I asked her "will you marry me?" The picture (which I'm having trouble uploading so it will probably appear on a later posting) was taken just a couple hours after we were engaged at her friend Sandra Thomson's home. Sandra was my assistant in the "surprise" plan for Sarah which was actually NOT much of a surprise as she is also an incredibly smart woman! (and yet she still said yes...?) Lord willing, we will be married on May 5, 2007.

I know theologically each and every Christmas is incredible - because it is the time to celebrate Christ's love come in the flesh. Yet this has truly been my most amazing Christmas ever - because Christ's love has come to be shared, and I am experiencing a new aspect of God's love this year!

After our incredible "engagement day," we then spent Sunday in Canmore with the Ibbotson family enjoying the beauty of God's creation as we fellowshipped together - and my nephews mocked their "old uncle Steve" who seems to have lost his senses. Christmas Day was spent with the Hunt family (except Lois who we miss lots but go to talk to via Skype) here in Three Hills.

WOW! God has been tooooo goooood to me!

2 comments:

Michael Pahl said...

Congratulations! Wow, that's exciting. This is a great time of year for engagements--it worked for Larissa and me!

Andrew and Aimée said...

Congratulations, Steve! It's so wonderful to hear of two GREAT friends coming together in marriage. We love you guys!