Friday, March 09, 2007

Reading Day Break

Its that time in the semester where students at Prairie Bible College enjoy Reading Days - though as they are quick to point out, this year it is only a reading day (singular!). We do not have daytime classes regularly scheduled on Mondays and so the fact that we do not have classes on Tues March 13 means that we really only have one "Reading day" break. Of course, being shrewd students, a few of them left campus Thursday, before or after their respective classes. That doesn't bother me... we all make choices and each student made one for which they will live with the consequences, positive and negative.

Meanwhile, I need to make sure that I have both a restful and productive Reading Break - like I encourage the students. After my Friday morning class and chapel, I do NOT feel like grading the computer assignments that are being emailed to me. I could leave them til Monday... but they will still need to be graded. So I can do them today and have a slower pace to Monday or do them Monday and enjoy the start of the weekend earlier. But either way, each of us, students and profs make choices and have to life with the consequences.

And that's leadership too... making choices and taking responsibility for the consequences.

No comments: