Tuesday, May 05, 2009

O Me of Little Faith

This month, the Prairie Tabernacle Congregation is doing a “Faith Promise” offering towards our building fund. As elders, we felt it was appropriate for us to make our "faith promise" commitments first as an example for the congregation. Sunday morning, Pastor Tim announced that the total of the “faith promise” from the elders was just over $17K for the next twelve months. I know the amount Sarah and I prayerfully committed to each month, and let’s just say that the total amount announced is a LOT more than our "faith promise" each month for a year multiplied by about a dozen elders. So, I found myself talking with Sarah on Sunday evening about “O Ye of Little Faith…” mostly in a joking manner.

However, I went online to check our banking statement and noticed a deposit of almost $700 on April 30. I knew I had deposited my paycheck on April 30, but was not aware of any other deposits. After confirming with Sarah that she hadn’t received an unexpected check and deposited it, we checked with some family members who bank at the same place just to make sure one of their checks did not get deposited to our account accidentally. Monday I went in to the bank to find out the reason for this extra deposit and was kindly informed that because we were able to pay our car loan off early, the deposit was a repayment for the loan interest. So there is almost $700 we did not expect for May!

So the first month of our faith promise, God provided this extra because He had already provided so generously for us in allowing us to pay off our car loan early. Oh God is truly too good! Praise His Name. I can’t wait to see how God “surprises” us for the next 11 months.

Feel free to post a comment sharing how God provided for you in an unexpected way!

2 comments:

Tim S. said...

Hey Steve,

Thanks for sharing that encouraging story. It's great to see how God strengthens our faith when just we need it! I've linked to it on my blog here:
http://notinvain.wordpress.com/2009/05/09/faith-promise-offering-provision/

God bless!
Tim
Tim

Wendy said...

Wow! That is awesome. For us an error in our income tax "caused" by one adjective on the form several years ago was "caught on a random checking system"...whatever...so we are $6,000.00 richer :)...and so the "faith" continues. God is indeed Jehovah Jireh! Mom I.