Friday, July 24, 2009

The Greatest Health Care in the World

I just want to note quickly that I believe Canada has a superb health care system, arguably the greatest health care system in the world (though I admit I have not experimented with other systems). While I slightly appreciate the huge financial implications for the President Obama and the United States to change over to a Canadian-like system of health care, I would never want to be or have been in my life given my personal lifelong health challenges. There are gliches in any system and in a healthcare system, gliches can become life or death matters for real people. Nonetheless, the advertisements indicating how horrible and dangerous the Canadian health-care system will be are based upon very rare exceptions to genuinely top notch medicine by caring and compassionate doctors and medical staff.

I do not believe the Conservative government should waste their time defending our healthcare system against American "radicals." Spend the time helping our economy continue to get back on track so people are working and paying taxes to support our already excellent healthcare!

No comments: