Saturday, April 10, 2010

That kinda husband in 50 years!

I was coming home from the office a little early on a Friday afternoon (in my wheelchair) when Mr M passed me driving up to our area of homes. I was a little surprised to see him in our neighborhood, but waved nicely as he waved to me. A few seconds later my initial surprise found answer as I saw him stop by our neighbour's house. Mr R was carrying his box - I don't know what's in it but I'm guessing pictures of him and his wife, maybe their children and families, etc. As I drove by, I could see Mr R praying with his arms outstretched to the Lord in the car and Mr M with head bowed. I pieced the details together in those few seconds and realized Mr M was probably picking up Mr R and they were driving together to the L Nursing Home to visit their respective wives who are in care there. And I teared up as I drove by and thought, "Lord, I want to be that kind of husband in 50 years... or whatever!" Personally, I can't imagine outliving Sarah, given that I'm already older than her and perhaps "not as healthy" (too put it politetly!). But if for some reason in God's design she's in an extended care facility and I'm healthy enough to live at home, "Lord, I want to be that kind of husband" if that day comes. May God help me!

1 comment:

TimP said...

Hi Steve,

This is also something I wish to be. Amen brother.

PS
I am Timothy Poon 89' PHS, some years in PBC till 92'