Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A lot can change in five years...

Five years ago today (June 21, 2006), Sarah and I started dating. There's lots of great stories behind and around the events of that day - and I'll be very glad to tell anyone about them who hasn't heard the stories! Today, all I want to say is that WOW! A lot change in five years... On June 21, 2006, I was a 34-year old single guy who had just graduated with his PhD and was teaching at a college. Five years later, I am blessed to be a very happily married man with two dear and amazing children, and I work as a Christian Education Co-ordinator for a K-12 school. Ephesians 3:20-21 says, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." (NIV) The Lord has certainly blessed me with way more than I could ever ask or imagine five years ago when I took a risk... and found God had already gone before me!

No comments: