Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bucket list?

  • graduate from high school, university, seminary and complete a PhD,
  • work with a junior level (or above) hockey team, and a Triple A baseball team,
  • marry a beautiful Proverbs 31 woman and have three healthy & adorable children,
  • teach at a Christian college for 10 years,
  • work in administration at my high school alma mater,
  • travel through South Africa, the UK, Germany, Ireland, Austria, Romania, the Philippines, and India,
  • preach in Canada, USA, Ireland, the Philippines & India,
  • serve four terms as an elder with the church I grew up in and was baptized,
  • own a home.
No, this is not my bucket list. In fact, as I celebrate my 40th birthday today, these are the incredible ways God has already blessed my life. Sola Deo Gloria!

5 comments:

Leah said...

SWEET! Super great.. is our God. Happy 40th! Hope the next 40 are just as adventurous walking with the Lord.

The Sidekick said...

Now THERE's a movie I would love to see! Happy, happy birthday, dear Steve. May God continue to bless you richly in the coming years. As Martha Wunsch would say, from her favourite hymn, "We'll praise Him for all that is past and trust Him for all that's to come!"

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from the Rashleighs - we know God is at work in your life and ours, too - good to have you with us and (mostly with Him) in that. Pete and Miriam

Milady said...

Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I come across a blog that's both equally educative and
engaging, and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head.

The problem is something too few people are speaking intelligently about.

I'm very happy that I came across this in my hunt for something regarding this.


Stop by my blog post - car export