Saturday, April 21, 2007

Last Day of Teaching (for a while)

I planned to blog about this on Friday... but the incredible amount of snow falling in our wonderful town of Three Hills meant that the power was out most of the day and so there was almost no one around the office, myself included. Fortunately, I know why all this snow is here this weekend - because my soon-to-be-sister-in-law, Lois, who arrives from the Philippines tomorrow evening wanted to see snow when she arrived! (She must have a much more direct connection to God right now than the rest of us, eh?)

Thursday was the last day of classes here at Prairie Bible College and thus, the last college class I will teach... at least for the foreseeable future. Strangely and/or amazingly enough, it was not a difficult matter to think about or to go through. I thought I might be more "emotional" about it - and yet the fact that I'm not leads me to conclude that this is another confirmation from the Lord that the next step He has called me to is indeed, His good and perfect will. I may indeed be nostalgically "emotional" next Saturday at baccalaureate and/or graduation - and that's fine, even good. I don't think that will mean I'm NOT in the Lord's will. I guess I just am surprised that such a significant life transition is happening with the sense of God's calm peace.
By the way, I'm very excitedly and sentimentally "emotional" about the other MAJOR life transition happening in my life - in two weeks!!! Its beyond incredible that I will be marrying the most beautiful (in every way) woman in the world, Sarah Lynne Hunt, in 14 days!!! God is TOO Amazing! I am being blessed beyond all I can ask or imagine. Thank You Lord!

No comments: