Friday, August 03, 2007

Married for 3 months - WOW!

On Sunday, August 5, Sarah and I celebrate our three-month wedding anniversary! WOW! Every once in a while someone asks me, "So how's married life treating you?" and of course, my answer is "Great!" (I have been tempted on a couple of occasions to answer: “Well, to tell you the truth, its really difficult and horrible. I wish someone would have told me it was gonna be this tough. I wouldn’t have got married at all” – just to see the look on the person’s face.)

I continue to be amazed that the Lord has blessed me with the www – World’s most Wonderful Wife! I’m reading through a Max Lucado book, Come Thirsty, and in the acknowledgements, he describes my thoughts/feelings pretty well…

“To my wife – Who would give a Renoir to a hillbilly? The Hope diamond to a pawnshop? Entrust a Lamborghini to a ten-year old? I guess God would. For he gave you to me. And I’m still amazed.”

I’m not a hillbilly or ten-year old or a pawnshop… yet I know that God has blessed me with a wife who is a priceless treasure and a Proverbs 31 woman in every way!

After preaching out of town the last two weekends, we are looking forward to a fairly calm weekend here in Three Hills. Sunday is also my brother Paul’s 43rd birthday (approx!) and so we’re going to have a party that afternoon.

Oh yeah, if you’re trying to figure out how these daily details of my weekend plans fit into “leadership” – after all the name of the blog is Leadership and Life – well… If you as a leader cannot rest and enjoy the blessings of God, you are in deep trouble.

No comments: