Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturday night at home

After hockey season starts, it is quite strange for me to be "at home" on a Saturday night. However, despite the fact that our Three Hills Thrashers are on the road tonight in Claresholm, I decided to stay home. NO, my wife does not "make me" stay at home... I want to stay at home and spend time with her (and baby) and it truly does not feel like a "sacrifice" in any way. Of course, it does help to be able to hear the Hockey Night in Canada game in the background - Toronto vs Chicago... and to hear Canada's second national anthem a few minutes ago... and to know that the Flames and Oilers will be playing later... that should be good for our marriage... Sarah cheers for the wrong team and I'm a Flames fan! My amazing wife comes to our home games (usually on Friday nights) even though I'm immersed in the action and can't talk too much to her. But she loves me, is learning to like hockey, and believes this is part of our life/ministry together. Yes, I'm too blessed!

No comments: