Friday, February 29, 2008

Don't Leap past this week!

Even though its a leap year and today is the specific day that makes it a leap year, I am sure glad I didn’t leap past this week. Monday night, my amazing wife decided to come with the Thrashers hockey team on the bus to Game #4 of our playoff series! Unfortunately, we lost the game… but came back to win Game #5 on Wednesday night in Three Hills and thus win the series 3-2.

Tues night was our church’s annual meeting and it went very smoothly overall! And a church potluck meal before the meeting is always fun too… and I even “stretched” myself by not eating the food that my wife or mother cooked! (You never know what things people will put in their food…. People hide celery and mushrooms and all sorts of other useless things in casseroles!)

As already mentioned, Wed night was Game #5 of the Thrashers playoff series, but before that my amazing wife had Mom & Dad Ibbotson and Amanda, Paul & Ruth and their three teenagers, and Grandpa Carter over for my birthday dessert… my favorite, lemon meringue pie!!! Actually, Sarah and Mom Hunt made some last Saturday night and I got to have some on Sunday also!!! I really am spoiled!!!

Yesterday, Thursday Feb 28, was actually my birthday… I’m an ancient 36 years old now! And to think that my wife is not even 30 years old yet. I really did rob the cradle. Yesterday in JH/HS chapel, the Colombia Missions team shared about their ministry in Bogota and it was great to hear! Most encouraging were the answers to prayer that our team provided and that the Lord had “prepared in advance.” Then last night my incredible wife made homemade pizza for us! And then we went over to Jason & Laura’s and had our weekly Survivor Party and chips and dip (courtesy of my wife), cupcakes with chocolate icing (courtesy of Laura), and some chocolate eclairs (courtesy of Shannon). Sooooo good and soooo healthy!

Of course, this birthday was a little extra special because it was my first birthday as a married man… and I am so blessed to have such an incredible wife who is truly a partner in life and ministry. And the fact that baby is due any day now shows how God’s incredible blessing is beyond all we could ask or imagine!!!

Great quotes of the week:

Mom Ibbotson after she found out Sarah was going with me to Didsbury for the Thrashers game: “Your wife’s IQ just seems to be going down the longer she’s married to you!”

“It would be just like Steve to make sure baby is born on a leap year day (Feb 29) so that he only has to buy gifts for the child every four years!” When someone then suggested that if baby was born on Feb 29, baby and I could just celebrate our birthday’s together on the 28th of each year, the response was, “Yeah, right! Steve would share?”

Since both of our moms were likely to be away from Three Hills most of today (Friday, February 29), when asked if baby would come today I would say, “No baby is crazy enough to mess with both Grandma Dorothy (mom Hunt) and Grandma Wendy (mom Ibbotson)!”

To which Dad Ibbotson replied, “Yeah, but I figure if baby has a mind like you, s/he might not listen to anyone else’s advice anyway!” Zing!

No comments: