Sunday, February 10, 2008

Reflections from the weekend

A great hockey weekend... Friday night the Thrashers beat Ponoka 15-4 at the Three Hills Centennial arena and then today we beat Med Hat 3-2 in OT. Of course yesterday was Hockey Day in Canada and so I watched most of the three televised games: Leafs beat Detroit 3-2 yeah!... Flames beat Oilers 4-1 Yee-ha!!! and Colorado beat Vanc 6-2... (don't really care except that it could affect the Flames playoff standings). Watched a bit of NCAA hoops in between the hockey games, including the Dukies beat Boston Coll yesterday. Some really cool stories CBC covered on Hockey Day in Canada including Joe Juneau, the Cambridge Ice Hounds - a team for players with developmental disabilities... and a feature on a kid named ____ Stafford who plays Jr B hockey for the Sarnia Blast who was born without one hand. And they even included some good history lessons on Winkler, MB and of course Mennonites!

The only down side of the weekend is that my wife was not here... she was at the Three Hills Inter-church Ladies Retreat at Pioneer Lodge. I'm hoping she had a wonderful time of fellowship and spiritual challenge. Actually, it probably worked out well that she wasn't here with all this sports on this weekend... but I was really surpised at how much I miss her. Coming home Friday night both after work and after the Thrashers games, I remembered how alone I felt coming back to my trailer over the past few years. It was really quite strange as I thought I might enjoy the solitude, at least for a few hours... but NO WAY!!! And while it is good to know how to live on your own for many reasons, now that the Lord has blessed me with the most incredible wife in the world, I would never want to go back to being single. Sarah has made our trailer such a welcoming and charming home and she loves, respects and cares for me in such amazing ways... Oh Lord, I am too blessed!!! Thank You again for showing me your wonderful blessings poured out upon me.

No comments: