Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Reasonably Rested in Three Hills

Most of you probably expect this post to be titled something like "Sleepless in Seattle" yet the truth is I, Steve, am reasonably well-rested in Three Hills. Our dear little Caleb sleeps quite well, both during the day and at night. Of course, I'm not the one who does all the hard work... it's his wonderful mommy that is slightly less rested. When Caleb wants to eat during the night, I am glad to get him out of his crib and hold him for a few minutes until Sarah has a chance to wake-up, use the washroom, come and sit in the rocking chair in the living room, and start feeding him. Then I promptly head back to bed and fall back to sleep rather quickly. Once in a while, I hear Caleb making various noises in between feeds as he gets his diaper changed, but not usually. Most of this week, we have gone to bed around 11:00 pm and Caleb has awoken for his first night time feed around 2:00 am and then again around 6:00 am. Of course, it also helps that this week is Easter Break here at PCA (and most other schools in Alberta) so I don't have the regular daily responsibilities at the office. Perhaps next week I'll be "tired in three hills."

Other highlights in the past few days...
*Walking in from work and hearing the instrumental music of great hymns and then looking to see my amazing wife holding Caleb, feeding him and smiling at our content little boy.
*Reading the "Baby's first Bible" readings to Caleb while he feeds before we put him in his crib for the night.
*Watching Grandpa Marlowe hold Caleb as he fell asleep while we had Easter Sunday dinner at Hunts!
*Hearing, crying and trying to sing Bill & Gloria Gaither's song, "Because He Lives" on Easter Sunday while my incredible wife holds our precious little boy and smiles at me.

1 comment:

lo said...

yea! I LOVE hearing this stuff... and thanks again for the pics! YEa for kids and God's amazing gifts!