Friday, June 18, 2010

Random thoughts on a Friday morning

Just a few things that have been going through my mind in the last couple weeks that I thought I'd post on the blog. You may find them interesting, humourous, strange or any/all of the above.

*Why do people, especially Christians, seem to put common sense and basic civility aside when they log in to Facebook?
*I care about news in my "friends" lives (eg. baby's birth) and am glad to see these kind of updates on Facebook. But I don't care that you went to the grocery store, made xyz for lunch, etc. Get off your computer and do something. Do nothing except enjoy silence!

*Professor Stephen Hawking has been in the news recently as he is taking a research chair position at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Waterloo, ON. Much of the discussion has focused on "how can Hawking not believe in God when his writings & lectures about the origin of the universe consistently point to the need for 'something' to have started the process"? Dear friends, do you really think Stephen Hawking's issue with God has to do with the origin of the universe? I would humbly suggest his issue with God has to do with something a lot deeper and more personal (than cosmic). If I need to spell it out further: How can a good, all-powerful God allow a brilliant person like him to suffer from a life-sucking, body-wretching, disease like ALS?

Why do I love living in Three Hills?
*Cruise Night - our son Caleb can be entertained for hours just sitting at the side of the road.
*The town garage sale which includes a free pancake breakfast.
*Where else can you get great deals like 2-for-$1 Coke/Pepsi (1L)? Three Hills IGA 25th Anniversary!

Hope you have a good weekend and
Happy Father's Day to my dad and my father-in-law,
both who are out of town for the weekend!

No comments: