Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blessings surrounding 2A Girls Provincials at PCA

Its only day 1 of the ASAA 2A Girls Provincial basketball championships being hosted here in Three Hills by Prairie Christian Academy. Already, I have reflected on a handful of blessings and the weekend has barely started...

1) This morning after the opening ceremonies, I had a visit with Sean Stetson, a former student at Prairie Bible College who now works with NBC Camps in Spokane, Washington. He played Pilots basketball for four years and was a great kid coming out of high school and continues to be a great and God-honouring young man. I found out he is speaking tonight at the boys 2A provincial basketball championships banquet as he is an alumnus of Didsbury High School, the host for guys tournament. That's pretty cool... and I hope our Sabres guys listen to him well!

He also is married and he and his wife also have a 3 year old and a 1 year old (two boys)... like Sarah and I (though we have a boy & girl).

2) I've been wondering if this weekend will make in any way break into my top three RDAC moments... and I doubt it... though it could make a good #4 towards a top 5 list! Does anyone want to guess my top 3 RDAC moments so far...

I'll post them up tomorrow or Saturday! Those moments and the people involved represent more of the blessings God has showered on me. (And I'm much more thankful for them than I was for the fresh snow showers this morning!)

GO SABRES GO!

No comments: