Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Making Progress on the Annual Goals

A new article on Michael Hyatt's "Intentional Leadership" blog titled 5 Reasons You Should Commit Your Goals in Writing reminded me to check in on my annual goals and see how I'm doing in accomplishing the goals I believed God had me set forth for this year.

In the vocational area, one goal was to update this blog with a leadership article each month. I don't know if I've done that every month, but at least I'm doing it now... for June! A second goal in this area to make a presentation at a conference and my proposal for a workshop at the upcoming ACSI Teacher's Conference in Alberta was recently accepted so that will take place in October. Although it was listed in the area I call "Global Mission of the Church," my next goal, relating to my position as Christian Education Co-ordinator at Prairie Christian Academy, was to participate with the Junior High missions trip to Blue Bronna Wilderness Camp which happened a couple weekends ago.

My spiritual growth and interpersonal relationshup goals are on track and in the stewardship area, the Lord has recently graced us with the privilege of purchasing a home (a goal that we've been saving towards and praying about for about a year).

So I would agree that it is important to write down your goals and it is vital to track their progress to thank the Lord for His gracious blessings! (and sometimes to give yourself a kick-in-the-butt to attend to other matters)

No comments: