Friday, October 07, 2011

Thanksgiving Reflections

Yes, its that time of year here in Canada where we celebrate Thanksgiving - about seven weeks ahead of our friends in the USA! In keeping with the line from Matt & Beth Redman's song, "Every blessing You pour out, I'll turn back to praise...", thank God with me for: *salvation through Jesus Christ, so rich and free,
*a noble wife as described in Proverbs 31. Sarah is amazing as a woman, a wife, mother, daugher (& in-law), sister, friend, etc.
*two amazing children. Caleb & Rachel, who I love and learn so much from me each day!
*baby #3 on the way in January,
*wonderful & far too kind extended family (parents, siblings & in-laws, grandpa Carter & Nana),
*a great group of people to work with at Prairie Christian Academy (PCA),
*the opportunity to impact boys & girls through my work at PCA,
*the opportunity to teach again in a college setting at PBI,
*His incredible provision for our house,
*friends in the Three Hills community,
...and the list could go on and on and on.

Yesterday as I was driving to work in my wheelchair - yes, a local man who knew I wasn't using it anymore thought he'd take it off my hands and use it for a go-cart but once he started looking at it realized it was "easy to fix" and did so - I just started to cry thinking again of how amazingly gracious and generous the Lord has been to me. His provision and care for me are beyond comprehension and words so I'll simply say "Thank You" (realizing it never can be enough).

No comments: